Health Promotion and Education
Health promotion and education provides learning opportunities designed to improve health literacy and developing life skills which are conducive to individual health.
• On-site lunch & learns, blood pressure screening
• Health fairs
• Monthly newsletters & employee communication
Health Coaching and Advocacy
Health coaching is a method of guiding others to address their health and make behavioral changes to improve health. Advocacy promotes healthier living, provides insight, and builds awareness.
• Health risk assessments
• Address issues that impact Wellness
• Readiness to change and ways to achieve a healthier lifestyle
Chronic disease is a disease that cannot be prevented by vaccines or cured by medication.
• Leading cause of death and disability in the United States
• 45% of adults have a least one chronic disease
• 75% of medical care costs are spent on people with chronic disease
Research shows that early detection and early intervention are the best means of controlling healthcare costs.
• 70% of healthcare spending is determined by lifestyle
• Tobacco is the most preventable risk factor for death and disease
• 75% of American adults engage in little or no exercise
Group Benefit Solutions is committed to bring Health Education and Promotion to your worksite.
Our programs are education focused and conducted by a Registered Nurse at little or no cost to GBS clients. GBS believes that Health Knowledge is power and strives to help employees understand how they can improve overall health and wellness.